- 1/2 cup oats (50g)
- 1 cup almond milk (200ml)
- 1 heaped tsp Bumbleroot Organic Baobab powder
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 orange
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds (optional)
1. Pour the almond milk into a saucepan and place on a medium heat.
2. Once the almond milk has heated (after 3-4 minutes) add the oats, honey and zest of half an orange. Keep the heat on low-medium and stir frequently.
3. Once the oats have absorbed the almond milk and you’ve got your desired consistency (mine takes about 10 minutes) take off the heat and stir in the baobab.
4. Pour your oatmeal into a bowl then top with chopped orange segments, cacao nibs and chopped almonds if you’re using them – they give a delicious crunch!
5. Dig in and enjoy!
Baobab is a superfruit that has great things, like antioxidants,dietary fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B, calcium, magnesium, and potassium. The fruit – a big, coconut looking thing – comes from Africa’s picturesque baobab tree, known as the “Tree of Life.
One serving (about 2 tablespoons) contains 24% of your daily recommended dietary fiber and 25% of the daily recommended Vitamin C. And if that wasn’t enough, the fiber in the Baobab fruit pulp acts as a prebiotic – helping your gut grow its good bacteria so that you can better absorb nutrients. And it’s extremely alkaline with a PRAL value of -52. Its tangy and slightly sweet taste works well in smoothies, tomato sauce, desserts, and many other foods.