Here at Bumbleroot, experiments are right up our alley!
This week, we’re in the kitchen. We love the adventure of concocting new, exciting meals, nourishing our bodies, and supercharging our health. And, we have a delicious and fun new way to shake things up with our Baobab powder. Our friend, Amelia of Nourishing Amelia, crafted this creamy strawberry, baobab, and lime smoothie recipe just.for.you. *wink* (Thanks, Amelia!)
Give it a whirl in your blender first thing for breakfast, or as an afternoon treat. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh preferred, but in the off season, you can find organic berries at you local grocer in the frozen fruit section!)
- 1/2 lime, juiced (squeeze into blender, avoiding any seeds)
- 1 tbsp baobab powder
- 1 cup liquid base (water, coconut water, coconut milk, almond milk – Amelia’s fave!)
- 1/2 cup ice
- Add dry ingredients and fruits to your blender first.
- Add liquid and ice.
- Blend until creamy and smooth!
- Pour into your favorite smoothie vessel (we love mason jars or travel containers).
- Pop in a straw – and enjoy!
Makes 1 smoothie – or double up and share with a friend!